Builiding not optimized Libgcc for ARM Cortex-M4 target

Enrico Tabanelli enrico.tabanelli3@unibo.it
Tue Nov 24 20:47:32 GMT 2020

Good morning,

I am trying to compile Libgcc for the ARM Cortex-M4 target from scratch since I need to compare Floating Point SW emulation on an ARM Cortex-M4 and Risc-V based processors. By default, GCC includes an optimized version of the FP SW emulation routines, ieee754-sf.S, which is included in the ARM back-end of Libgcc. For my work, I would like to use the basic routines included in libgcc/softfp.
Does anyone know how to exclude ieee754-sf.S in the libgcc building process? In particular, how to configure GCC and if there is something to change inside the ARM back-end?

Thanks,
Enrico Tabanelli