Error when building c++ : libstdc++-v3: No support for this host/target combination.

Jim Wilson jimw@sifive.com
Thu May 14 20:54:10 GMT 2020

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 11:15 AM William Tambe via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> The following error is seen when building c++ .
> configure: error: No support for this host/target combination.
>
> Any idea which file need to be edited to support our port when
> libstdc++ is being built ?

A simple grep command "grep 'host/target' *" would point you at the
crossconfig.m4 file in libstdc++.  Also note that this defines
GLIBCXX_CROSSCONFIG which is called from configure.ac, and there is a
with_newlib check there.  So either you are using newlib and provided
--with-newlib, or you need explicit support in the crossconfig.m4
file.

Jim