Access RTX register information

Jeff Law law@redhat.com
Wed May 6 17:35:13 GMT 2020

On Wed, 2020-05-06 at 05:12 +0530, eashan gupta wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks a lot for replying.
> I have tried tracing the print_rtl_single too following the REG_EXPR but it
> ends up in the code of printing the complete tree.
Right.  It's that tree structure that will have the name emebedded in it.

> Is it possible to access this information directly, ie get the variable name
> stored in a string instead of printing it out?
Probably something like DECL_NAME (REG_EXPR (object)) or DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME
(REG_EXPR (object))

> I am not too familiar with the code for the tree and it would be very helpful
> to me if I could get the method to get the variable name stored/extracted from
> the tree.
You're almost certainly going to need to refer to tree.h and tree.def to
understand how to dig out the information you want.

jeff