Anonymous read-only Git access

Xi Ruoyao xry111@mengyan1223.wang
Thu Mar 5 06:33:00 GMT 2020

On 2020-03-05 13:50 +0800, yilu@bupt.edu.cn wrote:
> Hi,everyone
> I want to get the GCC-10 source and I followed the instructions in
> https://gcc.gnu.org/git.html, however, the command
> git clone git://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git SomeLocalDir
> cannot work.
> And I found I cannot connect https://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git even without
> firewall(I'm in China). I got a 403 Forbidden
>  "You don't have permission to access /git/gcc.git/ on this server."
>  "Apache Server at gcc.gnu.org Port 443".
> What can I do in this situation?

I guess some guy in BUPT "attacked" gcc.gnu.org somehow (maybe unintentionally,
just playing or testing some software) and caused the entire IP segment to be
banned.

You should contact the administrator of gcc.gnu.org.  In the meantime try

    git clone https://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/git/gcc.git

It would be very fast since this mirror is in your city :).

(OT: Several BUPT students commenced some unsported behavior in our programming
contests.  So our online judge is also banning BUPT IP segments.)
--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@mengyan1223.wang>