std::regexp with GCC 7.3.1 on AIX, Japanese

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 15:46:06 GMT 2020

On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 at 15:13, <gabriel@vlasiu.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Does anyone knows why std::regexp constructor fail on AIX (Japanese) or
> how to make-it work?

It's a problem with the std::collate facet, not std::regex:

#include <iostream>
#include <locale>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
   setlocale(LC_ALL, "Ja_JP");
   char* pLocale = setlocale(LC_ALL, NULL);
   cout << "setlocale(): " << pLocale << endl;

   char s[] = "\200";
   locale l;
   const collate<char>& c = use_facet<collate<char>>(l);
   c.transform(s, s+1);
}

I'm not sure why it throws, and trying to debug anything on AIX is too
painful for me to figure it out. Please report this to bugzilla,
thanks.

https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/