OpenACC

Thomas Schwinge thomas@codesourcery.com
Thu Mar 26 13:29:58 GMT 2020

Hi!

On 2020-03-26T12:14:53+0430, MAHDI LOTFI via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> I am a researcher from Jam Petrochemical company I want to use OpenACC with
> GCC compiler. I have a question about your compiler.

Thanks for your interest in this.

> Does your compiler support OpenACC in windows OS or not?

As far as I'm aware, we so far haven't seen any reports of people
building GCC with code offloading support for Windows hosts.  That's the
important aspect here: the infrastructure required to launch compute
kernels on AMD/Nvidia/other GPUs, etc., via CUDA Driver library, etc.
It's likely that a bit of development effort for GCC, and nvptx-tools
will be required, but neither have we so far been contracted to work on
that, nor has any volunteer contributed the respective code changes.

So, the answer it: yes, it can be supported, but there is no evidence
that it already works; will require some development effort.

Grüße
 Thomas