[gcc-help] Re: Problem creating cross-compiler

Jouk Jansen joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl
Thu Jun 18 12:13:21 GMT 2020

kai.ruottu@wippies.com wrote on 18-JUN-2020 14:07:38.03

>Kai Ruottu kirjoitti 18.6.2020 klo 14.26:
>> What seems also to be missing is the prerequisite :
>>
>> "In order to build GCC, the C standard library and headers must be
>> present for all target variants
>> for which target libraries will be built (and not only the variant of
>> the host C++ compiler)."
>>
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html
>>
>> When there is no "--with-sysroot=<something>" to point to the
>> required  'ia64-hp-openvms'
>> target libraries and headers (the assumption nowadays being a separate
>> $sysroot for the target
>> stuff), this mistake seems obvious.

Thanks for the hints. I know now what to try first : get the assembler

>If one hasn't a 'ia64-hp-openvms' target system (like me) where to copy
>the target stuff, there is a serious
>problem :(  Here is one advice for solving this issue :
>
>https://sourceforge.net/p/gnv/mailman/message/33596356/

The target system is not the problem. I have it and the mentioned
decc$shr.exe is located on it.

               regards
	           jouk

Pax, vel iniusta, utilior est quam iustissimum bellum.
    (free after Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 b.Chr.-46 b.Chr.)
     Epistularum ad Atticum 7.1.4.3)

               Touch not the cat bot a glove

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd