Question on gnu compiler for mac
Edris Tajfirouzeh
edris.t164@gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 19:36:30 GMT 2020
Dear Operator
I'm trying to install gfortran and gcc on my mac catalina version 10.15.4.
I have already installed xcode and command line tools. I have also
installed home brew.
When I type "which gcc" and "gcc --version" I get the following answer:
[edriss-MacBook-Pro:~] edris% which gcc
/usr/bin/gcc
[edriss-MacBook-Pro:~] edris% gcc --version
Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr
--with-gxx-include-dir=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple clang version 11.0.3 (clang-1103.0.32.62)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin19.4.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin
I wonder if I have installed it correctly. I found that this is not gcc and
it is clang that I have installed. Please guide me .
Any way, I need gfortran compiler and when I type "which gfortran" I get
the following message.
[edriss-MacBook-Pro:~] edris% which gfortran
gfortran: Command not found.
Let me please know if I have done the installation wrong.
If yes, please show me how can I remove the old installation of gcc and
install a correct one (including gfortran compiler).
I appreciate the time you devote to me kindly
All the best,
Edris
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list