Building v3.4.6: fails to build c-parse.c

Georg-Johann Lay avr@gjlay.de
Thu Jan 16 16:05:00 GMT 2020

Am 16.01.20 um 16:03 schrieb Florian Weimer:
> * Georg-Johann Lay:
>
>> bison is v3.0.4
>
> I expect you will have to downgrade bison to something much earlier, or
> generate c-parse.c on a system that has such an old bison version.
> Unfortunately, c-parse.in in the 3.4.6 release tarball has changed, so
> you probably can't used its c-parse.c file.
>
> Thanks,
> Florian

hmmm, thanks.

gcc/doc/install.texi reads:

GNU Bison version 1.28 (or later)

For now, I "solved" it by using sources from a tarball from some GCC
mirror, which comes with the generated files like c-parse.c.

Johann