g++ for riscv32 "bare metal"

Alex Rocha Prado alex.prado@nxp.com
Wed Jan 22 20:51:00 GMT 2020

    Hi All,

    First of all, I am not sure if "bare metal" is correct. My goal is to compile g++ to run on Linux and compile code for rv32emc bare metal (no operating system).

    I could get gcc and binutils compiled without any kind of libc like newlib performing the below steps:

1) Configure, compile and install binutils
2) Configure, compile and install gcc
(WORKS FINE)

    Based on what I saw on the internet, to compile g++ it is mandatory to perform the following steps:

1) Configure, compile and install binutils
2) Configure, compile and install gcc
3) Configure, compile and install newlib
4) Reconfigure, recompile and reinstall gcc/g++ using --with-newlib option in configure
(DO NOT WORK)

The step (4) generate an error during compile phase.

Does anyone see any major problem on the steps to compile g++ ?
If not, I will post all my configuration lines and the error I am getting.

Best Regards,
Alex