New in gcc compiler develment

Henri Cloetens henri.cloetens@blueice.be
Thu Jan 16 09:35:00 GMT 2020

Hello all,

I am starting to work on GCC backend development. I have some issues
right now,
if any of you could help me on that.

1. I managed to compile my backend, and run a simple program through it.
However,
    - It is using a frame pointer. (It does not eliminate it.)
    - Arguments of functions are declared in registers, but at the start
of the subroutine,
      it puts the arguments on the stack.
    - I think it is related with DWARF2 debug format, I tried to disable
it, but could not find it.

2. Is there a way to get verbose messages out of the compiler, to help
during debug ?.
3. Is there some manual/description on how to run the compiler
verification suites ?.

Best Regards,

Henri.