Question on gcc RTL and scheduling step.

Henri Cloetens henri.cloetens@blueice.be
Wed Feb 26 17:02:00 GMT 2020

Hello Segher, all,

- On the issue of the restore of R18 in mode DI, it seems from
   analysing the log file that the compiler does not understand this
   also affects R19. This looks a bug to me ??. Anyway, I have resolved
   this, by adding a 'clobber' statement to R19 when R18 is written
   in mode 'DI'.
- The other issue, I have changed ((set) (pc) (return)) to (return),
   but, as far as I understand the logfiles, and the documentation,
   both forms are equivalent. Anyway, after fixing the first issue, I do
   not see the second issue any more.

Best Regards and thanks,

Henri.