Building gcc on macOS 10.15 Catalina is stage 1 only

Dan Allen danallen46@gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 16:48:00 GMT 2020

> On 18 Feb 2020, at 3:46 AM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> From one of our darwin maintainers:
> --with-sysroot=`xcrun --show-sdk-path` --…any other configure stuff
> export SDKROOT=`xcrun --show-sdk-path`

Thank you for responding!

Sadly, I tried all of the suggestions again, and none of them work.

I am not alone.  Google searches show that many people have encountered this problem.

I believe that there need to be changes within the gcc source trees to automatically detect the lack of /usr/include and to then go to plan B, using xcrun to determine where /usr/include is really located, in order for a full bootstrap build to work.

Dan