AW: AW: Feature request for "friendship" of pointers in "C"

aotto aotto1968@t-online.de
Mon Feb 3 08:23:00 GMT 2020

Hi,

there is an easy test, if Stefan is right and I'm wrong.

1. cast an INVALID Pointer to "aObj"
2. call "method_base(&aObj->obj,...)"

-> if stefan is right than "method_base" is called with an INVALID aObj
as Pointer
-> if I am right than your software will CRASH :-)

that is the reason why I require the "frienddef".

mfg AO

On 03.02.20 09:16, aotto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone confirm that *aObj->obj does NOT create any extray "code"
> and does NOT do any
> POINTER resolution? -> if so than "gcc" already uses the "friend"
> logic I require :-)
>
> → I don't think that "gcc" do this already

Hi, the following scenario has a "definition hole" in the "C" language

code example:

-------------------------
struct base {
};

struct A {
    struct base obj;
} aObj;

struct B {
    struct base obj;
} bObj;

void method_base (struct base * hdl, ...);

method_base(&aObj, ...)
method_base(&bObj, ...)