Fwd: Eorror compiling GCC-4.8.0 for Solaris 2.9 and 2.10

Dennis Clarke dclarke@blastwave.org
Tue Oct 1 20:57:00 GMT 2019


On 10/1/19 11:33 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 14:51, Rainer Orth wrote:
>> Besides, unless you're strictly wedded to GCC 4.8 for some reason, it's
>> in your best interest to go for the last version of GCC supported on
>> your Solaris versions which are certain to have all sorts of bugs
>> already fixed.
> 
> And even if you need GCC 4.8, choosing 4.8.0 rather than 4.8.5 is a
> very bad choice.
> 

Not certain but I think GCC 8.2.0 works on Solaris 9 still.
Or am I thinking Solaris 10 ?

I think Rainer announced the situation a while back :

     Obsolete Solaris 10 support
     https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2018-10/msg00139.html

Sad given that there is a lot of that out there still. Well, not a lot 
but certianly a bunch.  Some.  There are some out there still chugging.


-- 
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC
UNIX and Linux spoken
GreyBeard and suspenders optional





More information about the Gcc-help mailing list