GCC 7 on ppc64le does not recognize vec_xl_be?

Segher Boessenkool segher@kernel.crashing.org
Mon Nov 18 20:20:00 GMT 2019

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 01:05:18PM -0700, Martin Sebor wrote:
> In my experience, it's common to refer to the latest manual instead
> of the version being discussed.   It is the top hit when searching
> for "gcc options:"
>   https://www.google.com/search?q=gcc+options

yes, and "gcc manual" points at trunk, 7.2, 4.9.4, the pdf for trunk,
and 4.7.4, in that order.

"gcc incomplete enum types" points at 8.2, not trunk, as first hit; and
there are no other gcc.gnu.org hit on the first page.

> As new GCC versions come out, references to changing content become
> out of date.
>
> Including the next major version in the GCC link would keep this
> from happening:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-<next-major-version>.1.0/gcc

But this is not the documentation for the next version.  Time travel is
not possible.  The contents will be updated, but even the links
themselves are not necessarily stable before the release.

This is not documentation of GCC 10.1; it is documentation for the current
development version.  It is a work in progress.

Segher