Crosscompiling for ARMv7-a gives "'PATH_MAX' was not declared in this scope" in asan_linux.cc

U.Mutlu um@mutluit.com
Wed Mar 27 21:27:00 GMT 2019


Hi,

while building a gcc crosscompiler for ARMv7-a (32bit 
TARGET="arm-linux-gnueabihf")
on a x86_64 linux host, I get the following error that says that
PATH_MAX isn't defined while compiling the file
   gcc-source/libsanitizer/asan/asan_linux.cc, see below.

In that file <limits.h> is included, but PATH_MAX is defined in  <linux/limits.h>.

This error happens in the very last step of the build process
( cd gcc-build ; make -j5 all ; make install ; cd .. )
I used glibc (not newlib).
All sources are the latest versions, ie. from git etc.

How to fix this bug?
Is the processing of this AddressSanitizer file (asan_linux.cc) optional?

Thx


########
...
libtool: compile:  /data/sw/src/cross/my_cross_build/gcc-build/./gcc/xgcc 
-shared-libgcc -B/data/sw/src/cross/my_cross_build/gcc-build/./gcc -nostdinc++ 
-L/data/sw/src/cross/my_cross_build/gcc-build/arm-linu
x-gnueabihf/libstdc++-v3/src 
-L/data/sw/src/cross/my_cross_build/gcc-build/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs 
-L/data/sw/src/cross/my_cross_build/gcc-build/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/
.libs -B/sw/src/cross/INSTALL_DIR/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ 
-B/sw/src/cross/INSTALL_DIR/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib/ -isystem 
/sw/src/cross/INSTALL_DIR/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include -isystem 
/sw/src/cross/INSTALL_D
IR/arm-linux-gnueabihf/sys-include -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_DEBUG 
-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS 
-DASAN_HAS_EXCEPTIONS=1 -DASAN_NEEDS_SEGV=1 -DCAN_SANITIZE_UB=0 -I. -I../../../
../gcc-source/libsanitizer/asan -I.. -I 
../../../../gcc-source/libsanitizer/include -I 
../../../../gcc-source/libsanitizer -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter 
-Wwrite-strings -pedantic -Wno-long-long -fPIC -fno-b
uiltin -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fomit-frame-pointer -funwind-tables 
-fvisibility=hidden -Wno-variadic-macros -fno-ipa-icf 
-I../../libstdc++-v3/include -I../../libstdc++-v3/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf 
-I../
../../../gcc-source/libsanitizer/../libstdc++-v3/libsupc++ -std=gnu++11 -g -O2 
-D_GNU_SOURCE -MT asan_mac.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/asan_mac.Tpo -c 
../../../../gcc-source/libsanitizer/asan/asan_mac.cc -o asan_mac
.o >/dev/null 2>&1
../../../../gcc-source/libsanitizer/asan/asan_linux.cc: In function 'void 
__asan::AsanCheckIncompatibleRT()':
../../../../gcc-source/libsanitizer/asan/asan_linux.cc:216:21: error: 
'PATH_MAX' was not declared in this scope
   216 |       char filename[PATH_MAX];
       |                     ^~~~~~~~
../../../../gcc-source/libsanitizer/asan/asan_linux.cc:217:35: error: 
'filename' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'fileno'?
   217 |       MemoryMappedSegment segment(filename, sizeof(filename));
       |                                   ^~~~~~~~
       |                                   fileno
Makefile:599: recipe for target 'asan_linux.lo' failed
make[4]: *** [asan_linux.lo] Error 1


######
zz@cs5:/data/sw/src/cross/my_cross_build$ find 
../INSTALL_DIR/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ -iname "limit*" -ls
12900673    4 -rw-r--r--   1 zz   zz        937 Mar 27 20:08 
../INSTALL_DIR/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include/linux/limits.h
12241315    8 -rw-r--r--   1 zz   zz       5412 Mar 27 20:35 
../INSTALL_DIR/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include/limits.h

zz@cs5:/data/sw/src/cross/my_cross_build$ grep "PATH_MAX" 
../INSTALL_DIR/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include/limits.h

zz@cs5:/data/sw/src/cross/my_cross_build$ grep "PATH_MAX" 
../INSTALL_DIR/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include/linux/limits.h
#define PATH_MAX        4096    /* # chars in a path name including nul */

#######



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list