Compilation of large random forest models with g++

Segher Boessenkool segher@kernel.crashing.org
Fri Jun 28 11:37:00 GMT 2019

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 11:32:59PM +0200, Mikail Yayla wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I faced the same issues with C. How much ram do use
> on the machine you are compiling the forests on ?

You can test your code with *smaller* testcases to see how GCC behaves,
and which pass may be the culprit (even if there is no problem in GCC per
se, you can still use this info to test with that pass disabled, etc.)

Use -ftime-report to get a detailed report on where time (and GC memory)
is spent.

Segher