__STDC_NO_THREADS__ and late model gcc/glibc

Chris Hall chris.hall@gmch.uk
Fri Jun 21 09:39:00 GMT 2019

On 20/06/2019 13:17, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 12:28, Chris Hall wrote:
>> I have looked everywhere I can think of to find where
>> __STDC_NO_THREADS__ is configured... but to no avail :-(
>>
>> Does anyone know what I should expect, or where I should look to find
>> out, please ?

> Glibc provides it in the /usr/include/stdc-predef.h file which is
> implicitly pre-included by GCC.

Ah ha !  Thank you.

I guess that accounts for the "predefined" _STDC_PREDEF_H.

AFAICS, the decision to "preinclude" <stdc-predef.h> is made when gcc is
built, depending on the target.  Deep Magic of the First Magnitude.

Thanks,

Chris