Vanilla GCC 9 slower than Ubuntu GCC 9

Tadeus Prastowo tadeus.prastowo@unitn.it
Thu Jun 6 09:51:00 GMT 2019

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 4:48 PM Tadeus Prastowo
<tadeus.prastowo@unitn.it> wrote:

> On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 4:43 PM Tadeus Prastowo
> <tadeus.prastowo@unitn.it> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 12:37 PM Tadeus Prastowo
> > <tadeus.prastowo@unitn.it> wrote:

[...]

> > Yes, it is very likely that the use of `make profiledbootstrap' is the
> > main factor that boosts the compilation speed of vanilla GCC 9.
> >
> > I say ``very likely'' because compiling vanilla GCC 9 using `make
> > profiledbootstrap' results in a missing Makefile error as detailed in
> > this thread: https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2019-05/msg00137.html

[...]

> > So, I hypothesize that if the vanilla
> > GCC 9 were successful, it would also run faster by almost 15%.

Since the build problem at
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2019-05/msg00137.html has been fixed,
I can build vanilla GCC 9 with `make profiledbootstrap' and confirm
that doing so makes the vanilla GCC 9 run faster by almost 15%.

--
Best regards,
Tadeus