Build 8.2 failed make install

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 09:27:00 GMT 2019

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 at 19:57, Christer Solskogen wrote:

> On 13.01.2019 07:44, jim Cruse wrote:
> > I got the 8.2 source and managed to run make without a failure, but then I
> > went to run make install and it failed,
> > I am assuming that the build completed because the make ended successfully,
> > how can I manually move gcc-8.2.0 to manually "install" the build
> > I was compiling on a raspberry pi 3b+ with gcc
> >

> I would suggest you paste the error as well...

And the steps used to build GCC, in particular the full configure command used.

We can't help otherwise, since you haven't told us what you did to get
the error.

Maybe it's something as simple as you built as a normal user and tried
to install to the default location, /usr/local, which would require
doing it as the root user. But it's not worth explaining how to
resolve that if that isn't the problem.