YACCQ : checking for the correct version of the gmp/mpfr/mpc libraries... no

Segher Boessenkool segher@kernel.crashing.org
Thu Feb 21 19:10:00 GMT 2019

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 09:40:08AM +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
> On 2/20/19 7:40 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> > finally a ray of light in this dark tunnel. Trying to get past the
> > gmp/mpfr/mpc stage seems to be the furst hurdle. No. No that isn't
> > true. Getting past libiberty was the first and now gmp/mpfr/mpc and
> > who knows what horrors await past that.
>
> I've never had the slightest difficulty building gmp and its friends in-
> tree, but then I've never tried to do a Canadian cross with them. I
> would have thought that if in-tree building was broken someone would
> have screamed by now.

Not many people cross-build native compilers at all.  Most people just build
their native compilers on the native system (it is not like building GCC is
so heavy, esp. if you don't bootstrap, which you don't do when you cross-
build it either), or build it in a qemu or similar to get things going.

Of course it *should* work, but it is no big surprise that very unusual
configurations encounter problems no one else does ;-)

Segher