YACCQ : checking for the correct version of the gmp/mpfr/mpc libraries... no

Paul Smith psmith@gnu.org
Mon Feb 18 06:31:00 GMT 2019

On Mon, 2019-02-18 at 01:02 -0500, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> Now I see :

It's helpful if you provide the exact commands you invoked to get here.

> checking for objdir... .libs
> checking for the correct version of gmp.h... yes
> checking for the correct version of mpfr.h... yes
> checking for the correct version of mpc.h... yes
> checking for the correct version of the gmp/mpfr/mpc libraries... no
> configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.4.0+ and MPC
> 0.8.0+.

It looks like the headers were found, but for some reason you failed to
determine the version of the libraries.

You need to look in your build directory for the appropriate config.log
file and find out what failed when configure attempted to check that.

I can't really help because I've searched all through my logs for my
last GCC 8.1.0 build and I can't find anything that prints any messages
that look at all like that, so I don't know where they're coming from.