YACCQ : checking for the correct version of the gmp/mpfr/mpc libraries... no

Dennis Clarke dclarke@blastwave.org
Mon Feb 18 06:02:00 GMT 2019

So it seems I am damned if I do and damned if I don't.

If I provide a location for the gmp/mpfr/mpc on the target system then
the process blows up with a complaint "wrong machine".  If I do not
provide anything except the sources in tree then the process blows up
because it can not find gmp.h.  If I provide access to the headers then
the process blows up because the libs themselves are missing. If I
provide nothing at all for gmp/mpfr/mpc anywhere at all and not in the
source tree then the process blows up in libiberty.  No idea what the
correct "magic" is but it is magic. Nothing less.

Any hints?

Now I see :

checking for objdir... .libs
checking for the correct version of gmp.h... yes
checking for the correct version of mpfr.h... yes
checking for the correct version of mpc.h... yes
checking for the correct version of the gmp/mpfr/mpc libraries... no
configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.4.0+ and MPC
0.8.0+.
Try the --with-gmp, --with-mpfr and/or --with-mpc options to specify
their locations.  Source code for these libraries can be found at
their respective hosting sites as well as at
ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/.  See also
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html for additional info.  If
you obtained GMP, MPFR and/or MPC from a vendor distribution package,
make sure that you have installed both the libraries and the header
files.  They may be located in separate packages.
vesta_$

That IS WITH the gmp/mpfr/mpc sources inside the gcc source tree as
recommended.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC