Well formated re: Really want a simple fully free pure x64 operating system i build myself

skah@osy6.org skah@osy6.org
Thu Dec 5 19:03:00 GMT 2019

On 05/12/2019 10:41, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 at 04:39, <skah@osy6.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>

>> I really want a fully free operating system i build myself. I wonder
>> how
>> to "make" a minimalist, generic, and pure x64 GCC-7.5.0 with good
>> support for C and C++. Next i will mostly build recent softwares, only
>> from GNU, and run a free Linux kernel.
>>
>> Can you give me an example usage of the "configure" script with some
>> explanations if you have some times.
>
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/ might be the best place to look for
> details on bootstrapping an entire OS yourself.

Thank you really much. (My message was cut, and i understand why. Maybe
I had not used a right subject too.)

Except for GCC, i exactly know how to do. What i need is the whole set
of variables and options to build an (almost) minimalist, (really)
portable and pure (evidently) generic x64 GCC 7.5.0 with good support
for C and C++ (sparsely "old" and almost recent) with the "configure"
script and make, to run my operating system with GCC from RAM, under
multiple x64 computers.

I think i can understand anything, for example:
i will use my USB storages without filesystem with encryption. Because
there is a heavy hardware/software layer with today's computers.

I don't encounter any problems to understand the other GNU softwares or
the creation of my operating system.

I try to understand everything in GCC, but i don't like proprietary
hardware or software so i don't want to interest myself in all the
things from GCC... I really want something simple. I mean for me, it's
really hard to interest myself in proprietaries things. And Phew! ;D
There really is a lot of those things.

But any globals hints are welcome.

I loved GNU since forever. I am a passionate. I just try to save me some
time like i explained, then of course to learn, and to get some some
latest good help.

Thank you again, and if you can't help me, i understand the answer may
take some times anyway ! No problem.

Have a nice working