Are pretend arguments included in the outgoing argument region ?

Jeff Law law@redhat.com
Wed Aug 14 02:44:00 GMT 2019

On 8/13/19 7:41 PM, William Tambe wrote:
> Are pretend arguments included in the outgoing argument region ?
> In other words, when ACCUMULATE_OUTGOING_ARGS is nonzero, does
> crtl->outgoing_args_size include crtl->args.pretend_args_size ?

I think it varies depending on the target's ABI.
OUTGOING_REG_PARM_STACK_SPACE, STACK_PARMS_IN_REG_PARM_AREA,
REG_PARM_STACK_SPACE, etc likely come into play here.

It may be better for you to describe the ABI you're working with.
There's a reasonable chance it'll line up with an existing port's ABI
and you can crib from that existing port.  Make sure to describe how
varargs/stdarg is supposed to work, whether or not you have arguments
passed partially in registers and partially in memory,

jeff