MS Variadic extension support for arm64

Martin Storsjö martin@martin.st
Fri Sep 14 22:13:00 GMT 2018


Hi Michael,

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Will gcc on arm64 support '__builtin_ms_va_list'? Should I file an RFE bug?
>
> Wine 3.0.3 (and 3.8) introduced a change to require this extension and when 
> it is missing wine will compile with clang. Clang 5.0 or higher is required 
> for this extension and RHEL 7 ships Clang 3. Needless to say Wine no longer 
> compiles on arm64 and RHEL 7.
>
> Did Martin Storsjo[1] or the Wine team ask gcc to support this?

I didn't ask and haven't filed any request for it either, sorry. After 
doing this feature for clang (which was much more about implementing the 
variadic calling convention itself than just hooking up the attribute in 
the compiler frontend), I very briefly looked at how hard it would be to 
try to do the same for GCC, but decided I didn't have time myself to try 
to do it.

// Martin



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list