Eliminating the dependency on the old C header files

U.Mutlu um@mutluit.com
Mon Jun 25 22:46:00 GMT 2018

Jonathan Wakely wrote on 06/25/2018 11:56 PM:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 at 22:39, U.Mutlu <um@mutluit.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> it seems the latest gcc (v9 svn) unfortunately still needs
>> the C headers of the (old) system compiler, for example stdio.h .
>
> Those headers are not part of GCC, they come from the C library.
>
>> Is it possible to let the build process create also new C headers,
>
> No, because GCC doesn't create those headers, they're not part of GCC.

Ok, got it. So, I could build libc myself and install into
a different dir and give those new dirs (include, lib) to
the gcc build script.
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Testing/Builds
Yes, now it makes sense. Thx.