Is HPUX ia64 a supported target?
Jeff Law
law@redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 15:49:00 GMT 2018
On 06/11/2018 09:46 AM, Brian Groose wrote:
> The most recent version of gcc that I can get to compile on HPUX ia64
> is 4.9.3. Even that required patching 4.7.4 (the last C-only gcc
> build) and using the patched 4.7.4 to build 4.9.3 (see bug
> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=64919). Plus a bunch of
> other minor changes during the build.
>
> The gcc-testresults mailing last has no hpux-ia64 targets listed at all.
>
> Is it worth filing bugs for build issues on this target? I get the
> feeling that no one is using this particular platform, but I'm
> certainly willing to help out with getting things fixed where
> possible. I just don't have the expertise to actually figure out what
> causes ICEs during the GCC build.
I don't think anyone is actively working on any ia64 or hpux target.
They're largely considered dead platforms.
I would expect there's several relatively minor issues that could be
fixed without in-depth knowledge of GCC. However, I'm also aware of
much more difficult issues to address (ICEs related to qsort checking
which indicate a problem in the scheduler descriptions).
jeff
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list