How to include "wide int" in code
colinb2 .
colinb2@gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 00:52:00 GMT 2018
On 7/11/18, Martin Sebor <msebor@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have used "wide int" in the past by putting a "hook" in
>> choose_multiplier in
>> expmed.c so that when a GCC make runs choose_multiplier to test it,
>> instead of
>> running the tests the GCC make runs some "wide int" code that I want to
>> try out.
>
> That sounds quite cumbersome.
It wasn't ideal, but it did work!
> I'm not sure I correctly understand what you're trying to do
> but if what you want to do is experiment with the wide-int
> classes I would consider copying the wide-int headers and .cc
> files, removing dependencies on the rest of GCC, and using
> that instead. It doesn't look to me like the dependencies
> on the rest of GCC should be too pervasive. (If you don't
> care about some parts, like GMP, you can remove functions
> that depend on it.)
>
> Martin
Thanks. Both you and U.Mutlu have made concrete suggestions which I
can think about,
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list