How to include "wide int" in code
Martin Sebor
msebor@gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 21:55:00 GMT 2018
On 07/11/2018 06:01 AM, colinb2 . wrote:
> Thanks to the two quick responders: I wasn't anticipating such immediate help.
>
> I've looked in gccint.pdf, and I was hoping to find but couldn't something like:
> #include <stdlib.h>
>
> If it helps, "wide int" is used in function "choose_multiplier" in expmed.c
> which is located here for example: gcc-7.3.0/gcc/expmed.c
>
> I've only ever managed to use "wide int" by making GCC and inserting a "hook"
> in "choose_multiplier" which runs some tests and benchmarks comparing using
> "wide int" with using fixed width integers "unsigned HOST_WIDE_INT".
> I was hoping there was an easier way to do it!
The wide int classes aren't meant to be used outside GCC itself.
They are defined in wide-int.{h,cc} with formatted output support
in wide-int-print.{h,cc}. AFAICT, the .o files are only linked
into libbackend.a.
Martin
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list