complete novice struggling to run the Fortran Compiler
frank.shed via gcc-help
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Jul 2 14:55:00 GMT 2018
Hallo,
Can you help please.
I am a complete novice attempting to run the MinGW Fortran Compiler. I have
downloaded and installed the software on my laptop (Windows 10). I have set
the environment variables to set up the Path as instructed.
;C\MinGW\bin;%PATH%
I have subsequently set the command point to C:\MinGW\bin then gfortran
-help, I got the full range of data and later gfortran -v and got the
software version as 6.3.0.
I have the copied the "halloworld" file from your document and tried to load
it but after an enormous number of attempts over many days I have failed.
My problem is I am not proficient in the range of computer science and my
reason for getting the compiler is to run a scientific program which was
written in Fortran 77. I have accessed the GNU Manual on the internet, but
this is too advanced for me. I feel my difficulty is a very basic mistake I
am making.
I have loaded the MinGW folder direct on my "c" drive, I have loaded my
"halloworld" piece of software in a "programs" folder which is a folder
within the MinGW folder.
I have accessed the cmd and loaded cd C:\>, then cd C:\MinGW\programs>
but at this point when I type gfortran hallo.for -o hallo.exe I just get
fatal error at gfortran or error at gfortran no such file or directory.
Can you help me please I feel sure I am making a stupid elementary mistake.
Best regards
Frank Shed
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list