Post-increment constraint in inline assembly (SuperH)

Sébastien Michelland sebastien.mld@numericable.fr
Sun Jan 28 14:25:00 GMT 2018

On 01/28/2018 02:41 PM, Oleg Endo wrote:
> As far as I know, this won't work properly.  Auto-mod addressing modes
> can't be expressed with inline assembly sufficiently.  The compiler
> will not understand it.
Thanks. I could write my function in assembler, but it's a critical one.
I'd like to see it optimized.

I thought of forcefully placing my source pointer in a certain register
and issuing an instruction with a hardcoded source operand; this will
probably be my "fallback method".

> The only sane thing to do is fixing the compiler.  The other option is
> to cripple all your code and insert movua macros/functions all over the
> place.

Would link-time optimization be able to inline a "movua function" for
this purpose?

Regards,
Sébastien