C/C++ Binaries double in size for gcc-4.8.5 compared to gcc-4.4.7

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Tue Sep 19 07:09:00 GMT 2017

On 19/09/17 05:07, shagun wrote:
> All our C/C++ based application binary sizes have increased which has caused
> the size of the ISO to also blow up.
>
> Please let us know more details/information on why do we see this increase
> and how to mitigate the same. The GCC versions in centos6 is 4.4.7 and in
> centos7 is 4.8.5.

This is far too unspecific.  It is possible that someone here might immediately
know the answer, but it's more likely that someone would have to investigate.
It'd be much easier with an example, and a simple "Hello world" is probably
not representative.

--
Andrew Haley
Java Platform Lead Engineer