tm vs. std:.tm type in symbol name of std::time_put<>::put()

Marc Glisse marc.glisse@inria.fr
Sat Sep 16 06:49:00 GMT 2017

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017, Johan Alfredsson wrote:

> OK, thanks.
>
> Is there a workaround for this issue on the gcc user side? (I guess I could
> always avoid using libstdc++ and go with libc++ instead.) I don't have any
> constraints when it comes to ABI breakage.

Then the easiest is for you to patch gcc so it mangles "normally" (remove
the line #define TARGET_CXX_DECL_MANGLING_CONTEXT
solaris_cxx_decl_mangling_context in gcc/config/sol2.h) and rebuild. Some
alternatives are to hack the system headers so tm gets declared in the
global namespace, or to provide aliases for all the libstdc++ symbols that
involve tm/ldiv_t/...

--
Marc Glisse