the same id in the same scope refers to different objects

David Brown david@westcontrol.com
Tue Sep 5 07:14:00 GMT 2017

On 04/09/17 15:28, Toebs Douglass wrote:
> On 04/09/17 14:24, Mason wrote:
>> I suggest asking in the comp.lang.c Usenet newsgroup.
>> You will find experts who know the standard inside-out.

Yes, that's the place to go for a question like this.

> (And who also have essentially trivial but noticeable personality
> disorders ;-)

Hey, we in comp.lang.c don't /all/ have personality disorders!  And some
of the regulars have disorders that are far beyond the trivial :-)

But there are also people who will be happy to explain things like the
OP's question - both from the viewpoint of helping someone unfamiliar
with C, and from the intricacies of the C standards.