the same id in the same scope refers to different objects

Toebs Douglass toby@winterflaw.net
Sun Sep 3 10:48:00 GMT 2017

On 03/09/17 11:43, Andrew Makhorin wrote:
> Why x used to initialize y identifies not the same object as x used in
> printf though x is the same identifier within the same block scope?

Thing is, this is a C language specification question.  GCC is abiding
by the language spec.  It's actually nothing to do with GCC, although we
understand it seemed like it was so to begin with.  In general, mailing
lists keep strictly to their subjects, otherwise they're not useful
because they generate irrelevant content.  The right thing to do is to
find a C language forum/mailing list and talk it over there.