could help me to fix the problem when install the gcc-7.2

Kai Ruottu kai.ruottu@wippies.com
Thu Oct 5 07:24:00 GMT 2017

Kai Ruottu kirjoitti 5.10.2017 klo 10:11:
> Yubin Ruan kirjoitti 5.10.2017 klo 9:25:
>

>>> It is normal that a Unix-like system has a "kernel compiler" always,
>>> for
>>> compiling the system's "kernel" (base operating system). But not the
>>> "development system" for making even very simple C applications like
>>> the "Hello World"...
>> That is strange. Why would a "kernel" compiler cannot be used to a
>> simple C application (and I can't find any kernel compiler in my Linux
>> system)
>
> Compiling the Unix/Linux kernel shouldn't need the standard C headers
> (in '/usr/include')
> and to link against the system's standard C libraries ('libc',
> 'libm'), the startups (crt*.o) etc.
> But producing even a simple C application needs them.

Ok, instead of handling all the features of GCC here, it would be easier
to do some googling.
For instance with "GCC starter guide". The three first hits were :

https://sensperiodit.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/hagen-the-definitive-guide-to-gcc-2e-apress-2006.pdf
https://phoxis.org/2009/12/01/beginners-guide-to-gcc/
https://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/ehchua/programming/cpp/gcc_make.html

I don't know how good these are but probably at least their aim is good :)