Segmentation fault at gcov exit
Mason
slash.tmp@free.fr
Thu Oct 19 16:07:00 GMT 2017
On 19/10/2017 17:29, Miguel Munoz wrote:
> I'm running a C program using gcov and I get a segmentation fault when
> gcov is dumping the results at the end of the execution. The program
> exits correctly when compiled without coverage.
>
> The problem appears when one of the files contains a function call to
> an extern function defined in another file. If I comment this call, no
> SIGSEGV occurs. If I leave the call and compile without coverage, the
> SIGSEGV also disappears.
>
> I'm compiling with the options: -O0 -g -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage.
> Adding -Wall -Wextra doesn't show anything suspicious.
>
> Could you help me debugging this error? The backtrace doesn't give me
> any source file or line number inside the gcov code, and I don't know
> how to investigate the problem further.
I cannot reproduce your issue with a trivial test case.
$ cat main.c
extern int foo(void);
int main(void) { return foo(); }
$ cat foo.c
int foo(void) { return 0; }
$ gcc-7 -O0 -g -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage foo.c main.c
$ ./a.out
$ echo $?
0
If you provide a reproducible test case, some people might be able
to help.
Regards.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list