Replies to mailing list not listed as follow up to original message on mailing list archive

Segher Boessenkool segher@kernel.crashing.org
Thu May 18 19:17:00 GMT 2017


Hi Jozef,

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 07:08:40PM +0100, Jozef Lawrynowicz wrote:
> When I reply to a message on the mailing list, the reply doesn't get
> listed as a reference or follow up to the message I replied to.
> For example this
> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2017-05/msg01489.html was a reply
> to this https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2017-05/msg01474.html but
> the former has no reference to the latter.
> 
> Any tips for getting this to work? I'm using gmail with no special
> configuration so I guess that might be part of the problem?

Your mail does not have In-reply-to: or References: headers, which
it should.  It works for most people using gmail; you must be doing
something different.  Off-topic for gcc-help though.

Good luck,


Segher



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list