__GCC_HAVE_SYNC_COMPARE_AND_SWAP_16 not defined on aarch64

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Thu Jun 29 18:39:00 GMT 2017

On 29/06/17 18:35, Alexander Monakov wrote:
> I think a practical approach is to give the user a degree of control by
> introducing a tri-state compiler option controlling how double-word atomics
> are to be emitted:

I see what you mean, but I think it's a very bad idea for command line
options to fundamentally affect language semantics in this way.  Sure,
they can control optimization and processor versions, but change the
behaviour of what a program means?  Is that a good thing?

--
Andrew Haley
Java Platform Lead Engineer