Libraries: libusb question
MikeSD
ipscone@msdsite.com
Thu Jun 22 12:09:00 GMT 2017
My question concerns usblib. Can't seem to figure out how to install and use
it with my system and I need usb functions.
I'm using CodeBlocks (IDE) and installed it with
"codeblocks-16.01mingw-setup.exe" so it came with this gcc compiler. I'm
using C and C++. The installation installed properly and I can write,
compile and execute programs with what came with it. However, I need a
library (usblib) that isn't included and can't seem to figure out how to get
it installed and working.
I need some specific, detailed instructions. And if possible, I'd like to
be able to do this, without having to install Cygwin. And when I say
detailed, I mean detailed. I'm kind of a bonehead when it comes to tool
chains.
And my system is a Windows based system, using Windows 7, 64 bit version.
1) Simple solution would be if there is a libusb library, that is already
compiled for windows 7, 64bit, that I can just add the libusb.a library to
my system, with the proper usblib.h file. Does one exist?
2) I've downloaded
a) libusb-1.0.9 (2012-04-20)
b) libusb-compat-0.1.4 (2012-04-24)
from libusb.org, but the first doesn't include the compiled library
(libusb.a) and the 2nd does include multiple libraries and multiple header
files but I can't find any combination that works. So, I obviously must not
understand something about this. Is one of these two, what I should be
using? Which one, for my system?
3) Will I need a 64 bit version of libusb, for my system?
4) What is the step by step operation to get libusb, onto my windows 7, 64
bit system, using codeblocks and the mingw-setup? Assume I know nothing and
you'll be very close to my experience level with tool-chains. ;)
I do sort of understand the basics but getting wrapped around the axel on
something. I do know that I have to put a library in one of my folders, and
add it to my IDE (for my project). And I know I have to point the linker to
my library. But when I do all this, I still get errors, as if I have the
wrong header or wrong library/header mismatch. Need some specific help,
with specific packages to use, and such.
Thanks,
Mike
--
View this message in context: http://gcc.1065356.n8.nabble.com/Libraries-libusb-question-tp1386241.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list