GCC 7.1 LTO linker errors

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 14:15:00 GMT 2017


On 9 June 2017 at 15:11, Matt Godbolt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been building many projects with LTO in GCC since support was
> first added. I've just upgraded to GCC 7.1 (from 6.3) and all but one
> of my projects build and run correctly with LTO on.
>
> The failing project has undefined references to
> std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,
> std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string() in several files.
>
> I'm a little perplexed at this: as best I can tell all files and
> libraries are built with the same compiler, with the same flags (in
> particular -std=c++1z).  I'm clearly doing something wrong though, and
> I wondered if anyone had any advice on how to diagnose and debug this
> issue. I've run with -v and everything looks "ok" to my untrained eye.
> Sadly the codebase is huge and proprietary I'm having trouble getting
> a minimal reproduction case.

This looks like https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=81004
which has been reduced.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list