GCC Compiling Issue
Jonathan Wakely
jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 16:55:00 GMT 2017
On 3 February 2017 at 16:09, NAMIAS, JOHN D CTR USAF AFMC AFLCMC/HIBD wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place. I am attempting to compile OpenSSL 1.1.od so that I can eventually install Apache 2.4.25. I have run the " ./Configure solaris64-sparcv9-gcc" and followed up with the "make". During the "make" process I see "gcc: unrecognized option `-pthread'" at the end of each command-line processed. (see below) I should tell y'all that this is a Solaris 10 OS on a Sun server. The version of GCC that is installed is GCC 3.4.3 (also below). My question is -- Will upgrading to the newest version of GCC correct these errors? If not -- do you have any suggestions on how to correct them?
Ancient versions of GCC for Solaris only understand -pthreads not
-pthread. More recent releases (anything since GCC 4.1 onwards) accept
either option, with the same meaning.
So you could either adjust the build process to use -pthreads instead
of -pthread, or update to a newer GCC.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list