Get rid of Java .jcr section when not using Java

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb@gmx.de
Tue Apr 25 20:28:00 GMT 2017

Hi Jonathan,

On 25.04.2017 21:22, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> Doesn't the patch show what to change?  #undef JCR_SECTION_NAME in
> libgcc/crtstuff.c (although it looks like the macro has been renamed
> to __LIBGCC_JCR_SECTION_NAME__).

Ah, that was the issue. I blindly #undefed the wrong define.

True, with the correct #undef applied, it works!

Curious, since the patch is from 2013 and was OKed for inclusion already
-- do you happen to know the reason why it didn't make it? Is there any
chance of getting this into vanilla gcc eventually? I can live with my
patched gcc for now, but it doesn't seem like removing that appendix
would hurt anyone, right?

Cheers and thanks,
Johannes