Which version of GCC supports intrinsics independent of -mXXX?

Jeffrey Walton noloader@gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 12:56:00 GMT 2017

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to use SSE2 and SSSE3 intrinsics on some old hardware. The
program performs its own CPUID checks, so it knows when it can enter a
particular code path.

The program is compiled with -march=native, but the machine lacks
SSSE3 and above. It causing the compile to fail.

I recall seeing a GCC bug report that enabled intrinsics all time,
regardless of the machine's features. I can no longer locate the bug
report, so I don't know which version of GCC supports the feature.

My question is, which version of GCC supports intrinsics independent of -mXXX?

Thanks in advance.