Fwd: failure notice

Shawn Pringle shawn.pringle@gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 15:09:00 GMT 2017


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <MAILER-DAEMON@sourceware.org>
Date: 3 April 2017 at 11:52
Subject: failure notice
To: shawn.pringle@gmail.com


Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.org.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<gnu@gcc.gnu.org>:
Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: <shawn.pringle@gmail.com>
Received: (qmail 89904 invoked by uid 89); 3 Apr 2017 14:52:02 -0000
Authentication-Results: sourceware.org; auth=none
X-Virus-Checked: by ClamAV 0.99.2 on sourceware.org
X-Virus-Found: No
X-Spam-SWARE-Status: No, score=-0.9 required=5.0
tests=AWL,BAYES_00,FREEMAIL_FROM,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE,RCVD_IN_SORBS_SPAM,SPF_PASS
autolearn=no version=3.3.2 spammy=shawn, informed, guaranteed
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-0.9 required=5.0
tests=AWL,BAYES_00,FREEMAIL_FROM,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE,RCVD_IN_SORBS_SPAM,SPF_PASS
autolearn=no version=3.3.2
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.3.2 (2011-06-06) on sourceware.org
X-Spam-Level:
X-HELO: mail-io0-f171.google.com
Received: from mail-io0-f171.google.com (HELO
mail-io0-f171.google.com) (209.85.223.171)
 by sourceware.org (qpsmtpd/0.93/v0.84-503-g423c35a) with ESMTP; Mon,
03 Apr 2017 14:52:01 +0000
Received: by mail-io0-f171.google.com with SMTP id b140so76929347iof.1
        for <gnu@gcc.gnu.org>; Mon, 03 Apr 2017 07:52:02 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
        d=gmail.com; s=20161025;
        h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to;
        bh=EApF2Rwy4SxK5X/HWEXIg38nMrOKA+WZS1ZXumm3sSw=;
        b=BHLpNEQA7cREtrjHEVBwEaSlPbw1mdlLKMzm9pK+486toRVsuNlyXlF6XimzZ/X1Ba
         289GRM48N2k/u9fTi8DcsATd//Bcsl+s2pXUhwW9aiW7/FeTHCq2YnC9HL5gSXdciLW1
         bW6g43P0TjoiCbr5QAirKl1qtFzvTVJCrhuP4KRcoRg98O8o9vSGaX3fsEN4oF7HCFb7
         Lswh0w4fRkzOEf+iGiZBjasym7k3vTUuNRiLpzoWs11KZFmds8KKIHQGPKQGSSdGnglv
         rZV7fM4ZE8N6YZenI+J4MMEG3RUfx8UMXyaKM9KlIvb2MUrvhWtfDprt9qnBzLsMKgAV
         Cs9w==
X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
        d=1e100.net; s=20161025;
        h=x-gm-message-state:mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to;
        bh=EApF2Rwy4SxK5X/HWEXIg38nMrOKA+WZS1ZXumm3sSw=;
        b=WiwT+GuhNVa7GvHIhK31KNfdGh3Tfc5CY3QsyY9hfqSGNeYWCTHH1ZgR0LoOx4yeaP
         lIZMwmuc6hTg4Y4/R9sb3v4Tq4xzZqN79fgneMeTHHCJQ3ntyV+hv0JeD8qkghzdDpAY
         SWydG2UWO2yTpmAbqzyXGMm8eEBgw1oio57Z11nx7MiZ2YCYzjteOE3Ka/ddKacDeUJ7
         puEM6PkrkWq26MrXJGPVEhW/SFaBzquNdmio2tib/NpPrlucxzHwA2kmJS2usfAzWtAt
         xdWszg6fvItVH26kFQcurkEr4xd3Vvk+UBjnuG/r5roa+VBR5RP+9nOUpEV6ZH89UqGh
         BVkg==
X-Gm-Message-State:
AFeK/H2hfD7ILmZ94/dYAY+X5xTFdLreX0MBP806oWKKjMpTIRzgRRlNH8wNhNBqnnI/FnsiAy/T1n9AFuiDSA==
X-Received: by 10.107.6.211 with SMTP id f80mr15837087ioi.96.1491231120499;
 Mon, 03 Apr 2017 07:52:00 -0700 (PDT)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.36.26.143 with HTTP; Mon, 3 Apr 2017 07:52:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shawn Pringle <shawn.pringle@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 11:52:00 -0300
Message-ID: <CAHDguApMzdYbdjo8ZfSMDmGBXcp8jG3KsENOCnj9AE8_vi5wiQ@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Better dependency checking
To: gnu@gcc.gnu.org
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

 Hello List

Parameters:
gcc-4.9.4/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

Configure run with:
sh ./configure --disable-multilib

Please add zlib, zip and jar to the list of dependencies configure checks
for in the process of building the compiler.

After running configure, I was told I was missing things.  So, I looked at
the documentation of what was needed to be installed and I installed those.
That's good.  I think that is the way it is supposed to work but after
several hours of compiling I find it stops complaining that 'zip' is
missing.  So, it would be good if configure checked for that.

On the second try of running configure, I was informed that I do not have
32-bit libraries, and I would need a flag.  So, I added that.  So far, the
error messages where helpful enough so as not to stop me.  The help even
told me which flag I could use.  Good stuff.

On the third run of configure, the script reports no problems but after
starting make, somewhere in the build process make calls configure for
zlib.

 I think that this inner configure asks for things that is not asked for in
the main configure script.  Please consider changing things in such a way
that before make is run, it guaranteed that all of the system dependencies
are met.  One way to do this is by adding the dependencies of this inner
configure script to the top level configure script.  Another way is to have
the main configure script call all of the other configure scripts required
in the sub directories.

Thanks a lot,

Shawn Pringle



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list