Problem with -m64 on Solaris 11

Sascha Frick frick@zib.de
Fri Sep 9 09:26:00 GMT 2016


On Do, 2016-09-08 at 12:55 -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> On 09/08/2016 12:11 PM, Sascha Frick wrote:
> 
> Let me see what I can do here.
Hi Dennis,

thank you for your immediate response.

> Firstly you should not be using the GNU as but the as provided by the
> vendor on that system. Also, check that you do not have LD_OPTIONS
> environment variable set.
Here is the problem, I do not have a vender-provided as an the system
(yet), I wrote an Email to the admin of the system and hope this will
change in the near future.


> If you want a decent gcc that will absolutely work I can give you a 
> link.  In any case, a 32-bit compile on sparcv9 is no problem if you
> are 
> using the Oracle/Sun assembler and linker :
If you can point me to a solution I can use without admin permissions,
it would be much appreciated.


> mimas $ /usr/local/gcc4/bin/gcc -v -m32 -c -o hello_32bit.o hello.c
> [...]
Your verbose output was very useful, thanks!


I hope to be able to reproduce your steps after the admin installed a
Solaris provided assembler and linker. But if there is a chance I can
get it working in the mean time with a solution you can give me the
link to, I am willing to install a working build environment on my own.


Again, thanks for your help,
Sascha
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 7508 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20160909/a4a46f65/attachment-0001.bin>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list