C++ exception handler on gnu arm cortex m4

Markus Klemm m.klemm@novum-engineering.com
Tue Sep 27 08:59:00 GMT 2016

Hi folks,

I'm using the gnu compiler suite for my arm cortex m4 project. But every
throw produces a hard fault, even on simple

try {throw 4;} catch(...){}

scenarios. __cxa_throw jumps right to _ZSt9terminatev, after
__cxa_begin_catch returns, which should AFAIK never return.

Are there any common problems leading to this behavior?

Specific I'm using Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0. with the GNU ARM C/C++
Cross Compiler Version: 1.12.1.201502281154 for our FRDM-KV31F.

I also created a stack over flow question with a +50 rep bounty:
http://stackoverflow.com/q/39468524/3537677

Markus Klemm