-fcode-hoisting in GCC 6.2
Jonathan Wakely
jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:23:00 GMT 2016
On 4 September 2016 at 23:31, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> On 04/09/16 22:29, Matt Godbolt wrote:
>>
>> Have I missed something? The Redhat message I link above mentions this
>> as something available in the "development versions" of the software,
>> and I'm not sure what that means. The fact it's on the main GNU online
>> documentation implies it ought to be in normal builds.
>
>
> Hi Matt,
>
> GCC 6.2 is a bugfix release for GCC 6. Its documentation is at:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-6.2.0/gcc/
>
> The development version is GCC 7. The documentation for the development
> version is at: https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/
And as it says on the first page:
[This manual] corresponds to the compilers (GCC) version 7.0.0.
> See: https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/
Which has this note before the link to the documentation you referred to:
"Please note that the following documentation refers to current
development. Some information may not be applicable to any existing
release."
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list